Saturday, August 22, 2009

I am a committed Catholic, but ...

Heard 2 wonderful Nuns talk at Mass this evening about the Sisters of Providence and the great work that they do. Sister Lucy and Sister Mary. Inspiring. So why is the Vatican pointing their boys club laser/microscope on one of the few things that makes me proud to be a Catholic - our wonderful committed Nuns who do such great work at such sacrifice? Like the beautiful and holy Virgin Mary.

Do they want to drive out the few remaining Nuns and make it a complete Male cluster-f..., er mess-up. So many bigger problems in the Catholic Church that need to be addresed and this is what Pope Benedict and the questionable Congregation of the Doctrine of Faith are up to. Really? Come on?

What keeps me going is that at my church I know I am part of a wonderful faith community that puts up with all the Archdiosece and Vatican bullshit and archaic rules and still makes me feel closer to grace.

When I take communion at Mass every week I know in my heart I am part of something bigger and far more important than Cardinal George and/or Pope Benedict and the very concerning Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

I just hope I am worthy of the Late Cardinal Bernadin, and all of our Saints and Martys, many of whom were Nuns (and women) that understood far better than me what Christ's words really mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment