Sunday, December 6, 2009

Country Songs about Jesus

Top Country Songs about Jesus:
  • "She Left Me for Jesus" – Hayes Carll (satirical people, satirical! Strong faith doesn’t mean you cant laugh)
  • "I Found Jesus on the Jailhouse Floor" – George (set me) Strait (good old country twanger and also inspirational)
  • "If I Was Jesus" – Toby Keith. Altho some his songs are a little too right wing for me,TK's phrasings are excellent, Country's Sinatra
  • "Getting High for Jesus" – Holly GoLightly and the Broke-offs (honestly, not crazy about the song but just love the name of the band)
  • "Prince of Peace" - Leon Russell
  • "Roll Away the Stone" - Leon Russell. Some old songs, circa 70s' from the very underrated Leon Russell. Thanks to Owen Temple (another excellent musician) for bringing me back to Leon Russell.

No comments:

Post a Comment