Thursday, August 6, 2009




I am going to do two 100 mile bike rides in September (North Shore Century and Apple Cider Century) on behalf of the SmileTrain, an outstanding organization that provides cleft lip and palate surgeries for children in need. Please sponsor me. More details at the following website:


People are always amazed that my son Charlie was born with a cleft lip and palate because he is such a handsome (and in my unbiased opinion, also a wonderful) young adult. Charlie, and our entire family, benefitted from the fantastic doctors at the Rush Hospital Craniofacial Center, particularly Drs. John Curtin, John Polley and Alvaro Figueroa.

Our whole family is grateful that Charlie (pictured above with his sisters) was able to get the medical help he needed, but also saddened that so many children with cleft lips and palates do not. That is why I am riding to support The SmileTrain.

Help me and needy children by sponsoring me on my September bike rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment